8 Easy Keto Recipes using pantry staples
Apr 20, 2020
Everyone is in quarantine to keep them and their loved ones safe from the virus that is COVID-19. But what if you’re running out of keto recipes to prepare? Let me save you from the hassle and risks of going out for some groceries.
You can definitely try the following quick and easy-to-make keto dishes using ingredients that you most likely already have in your pantry or kitchen.
Cooking to remain in ketosis and to keep the blood sugar steady does not have to be complicated or frightening during this pandemic. And with the recipes in this article, you're going to feel optimistic and ready to tackle your new healthy life by the end of the day.
Keto Chicken and Cabbage Plate
Via Diet Doctor
Because a Keto dinner doesn’t have to be complicated, all you need for this recipe is Chicken, Cabbage, Mayo, and Onion!
- 1 lb rotisserie chicken (you can also any kind of leftover chicken. Or, pan-fry a piece or two of raw chicken if you wish.)
- 7 oz. fresh green cabbage
- ½ red onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
- Shred the cabbage using a sharp knife or a mandolin and place on a plate.
- Slice the onion thinly and add it to the plate, together with the rotisserie chicken and a hearty dollop of mayonnaise.
- Drizzle olive oil over the cabbage and add some salt and pepper to taste.
Keto Bulletproof Coffee
Via Perfect Keto
Always start your day with some delicious cup of Keto Bulletproof Coffee to boost the weight loss results you’ve been aiming for. It’s a simple combination of just three ingredients: coffee, grass-fed butter, and MCT oil powder.
Simply mix all three in a blender to create a perfectly frothy and energizing latte. In just 2 minutes, you’ll have all the energy you need to take on the day.
- 2 cups freshly brewed hot coffee
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 scoop MCT Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Using an immersion blender or frother, blend on low bringing the speed up to high for 30 seconds or until frothy.
- Serve, sip, and enjoy.
Keto Oatmeal: 5-Minute Low-Carb N’Oats
Via Perfect Keto
Here’s a great no-oats oatmeal recipe from Perfect Keto that is delicious and easy-to-make. It’s super filling too to keep you satisfied and curb your other cravings.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 scoop Vanilla MCT oil powder (or 1 tablespoon stevia and tablespoon coconut oil)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepot, stir to combine.
- Bring to a simmer until thickened to your liking, stir occasionally.
- Serve and garnish with frozen berries.
Asparagus Stuffed Chicken with Bacon
This stuffed Chicken with Asparagus & Bacon recipe has only 3 ingredients and a 5-minute preparation but it will impress your dinner company time after time.
- 8 chicken tenders about 1 lb
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 12 asparagus spears about .5 lb
- 8 pieces bacon about .5 lb
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lay two pieces of bacon out on a baking sheet. Place 2 chicken tenders on top. Season with a little salt and pepper. Add 3 spears of asparagus. Wrap the bacon around the chicken and asparagus to hold it all together. Repeat.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, the asparagus is tender, and the bacon is crisp.
Spinach and Bacon Salad
Via Nana’s Little Kitchen
It’s BLT in a bowl! All of the ingredients can be prepared ahead and should be mixed together when you’re ready to serve it. Store it in your fridge and prep for days when you’re feeling lazy to cook.
- 8 – 10 oz. organic baby spinach (rinse and dry)
- 2 eggs boiled, cooled and cut in half then sliced
- 6 – 8 pieces thick-sliced bacon
- 1/2 or so medium red onion, thinly sliced, then cut in half
- 1/4 cup-1/2 cup (or more) on plan mayonnaise
- Boil the eggs and cook the bacon. Let both of these cool.
- Rinse and dry the spinach. Slice the onion and peel and slice the eggs. Cut the bacon into bite-sized pieces. All of these ingredients can be prepared ahead and mixed together at serving time.
- When ready to serve, mix the mayonnaise and the spinach together gently in a very large bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients and fold them together gently also. No matter what you do the “goodies” will invariably sink to the bottom of this large mixing bowl. Carefully dump it into a glass serving bowl and this will transfer the spinach first and put the toppings back on top.
Bacon, Egg & Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Via Perfect Keto
If you’re on a keto diet then you probably already have eggs, bacon, ham, and cheese in your fridge as staples. This bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast casserole takes those staples and then adds sour cream and whipping cream and green onions for some amazing flavour.
- 6 bacon slices
- 12 large eggs
- 4 oz. sour cream
- 4 oz. heavy whipping cream
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- 10 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Cook bacon on the stovetop. Once cooked and cooled, crumble into bite-sized pieces.
- Crack eggs into a medium-sized bowl. Add sour cream, heavy whipping cream, salt, and pepper and mix with a hand mixer or in a blender until well-combined.
- Spray a 9×13 pan with avocado oil cooking spray. To pan, arrange a single layer of cheddar cheese.
- On top of the cheese, pour egg mixture then top with crumbled bacon.
- Bake for 35 minutes, checking after 30 minutes. Remove from oven once edges of casserole are golden brown.
- Allow cooling before cutting and serving. Garnish with green onions.
Keto Cheddar Cheese And Bacon Balls
Via Diet Doctor
You’re probably salivating right now just by looking at these Ketotastic balls! They’re loaded with smoky bacon and sharp cheddar cheese. Your kids will surely love these.
- 5 oz. bacon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 5 oz. cream cheese
- 5 oz. cheddar cheese
- 2 oz. butter, at room temperature
- ½ tsp pepper (optional)
- ½ tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Fry the bacon in butter until golden brown. Remove from the pan, and let cool completely on paper towels.
- Crumble or chop the bacon into small pieces and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a bigger bowl, mix the grease leftover from frying the bacon with all the remaining ingredients by hand, or with an electric hand mixer.
- Place the big bowl in the fridge for 15 minutes to set.
- Make 24 walnut-sized balls, using two spoons. Roll them in the crumbled bacon and serve.
Lemon Parmesan Broccoli Soup
Got a fridge full of Broccoli? Why not make soup! This filling, sumptuous broccoli soup will not only make you warm inside but will also ensure that you don’t get kicked out off Ketosis. This Lemon Parmesan Broccoli Soup from Joyfilledeats is light but filling with the vibrant flavour of lemon and the saltiness of the parmesan cheese.
- 2.5-3 lbs of fresh broccoli florets
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Put the broccoli and water in a large saucepan. Cover and cook on medium-high until the broccoli is tender.
- Reserve one cup of the cooking liquid and discard the rest.
- Add half of the broccoli, the reserved cooking liquid, and almond milk into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Return to the pot with the rest of the broccoli. Add the parmesan and lemon juice and heat until hot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.